September 13, 2018
To: Parents/Guardians of 9th and 10th grade students
Fr: Dr. Stephen Hren and the English/Math Departments
Re: Parent meeting September 20th 2018
As per previous communication, we said that we would have a parent meeting after school started and we had a chance to work with the new math platform as well as blended English classes in the 9th and 10th grades. The parent meeting is set for Thursday September 20th, 2018 at 7:00 pm. The meeting will be held in room #209. This room is on the second floor of the main building in the north east comer. Staff for each department will share how the process is going thus far. The Math Department will share possible revisions that will take place after having worked with the new program as well. In addition, you will have an opportunity to ask questions regarding both the math and English programs. We hope to see you at the meeting. If you have any questions, you can call me at 719-4890 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Stephen Hren
In response to the council, the school shall:
- Implement the plans that are developed by the council and approved by the Grand Board of Education.
- Provide ongoing support for the council’s plans.
- Meet the Grand Board of Education’s reporting requirement regarding performance and accountability.
- Publicize to its patrons and the general public its plan to enhance or improve academic excellence at the school and the results of those efforts. The plan for 2018-2019 can be accessed on the GCHS website: http://www.grandschools.org/highschool )
- Prepare and present an annual report to the Grand Board of Education by the end of each school year.
If you would like to be considered for membership on this year’s council at GCHS or would like to find out more information regarding the council and its endeavors to date, our first organizational meeting and election, if applicable, of new members for this school year will be September 10th at 4:30 pm in classroom #100 to one’s immediate left when entering the Technical Science and Arts Center east of the main building. You must have a student in the high school to be eligible. If you would like more information, contact Dr.Stephen Hren at 719-4890 or 260-6020.